You’ve seen the before…

here’s the after. The tucked sample I showed you before on the left, its sibling on the right. Both washed on the ‘whites, eco’ setting on my washing machine, which I think is 60C, and both well felted. The button resists I added to both worked well, the string resist I added to the one on the left doesn’t seem to have made any difference. Perhaps I should have pulled it tight? – time for another experiment.

While I was at it I added an embroidered piece to the washing machine.


This was inspired by the Ai Wei Wei work shown below: kantha stitched on wool felt with added buttons. This has shrunk  so well the buttons have snuggled up together. Unfortunately some of the felt has attached itself to the top surface, but if I had more patience I could get it off. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s